Sunday, March 27, 2011

Rough week

Ellie D has had a rough week.

On Wednesday, I picked her up from day care and she had fallen over in a chair and had a big black eye.  It seems she hit something right on the edge of her cheekbone and it was sort of that faint purple and swollen that you know is going to spread to her whole eye and turn all sorts of shades before it goes away. 

On Thursday, Ellie got accidentally locked in her room.  She loves to carry things around with her, and currently her favorites are her toothbrush and toothpaste.  Which poses a problem only when it comes time to actually brush her teeth.  She was spent by Thursday evening and when I took the toothbrush to brush her teeth, she went into full tantrum mode.  To the point where I was actually just laughing at her.  I shut the door to her bedroom to put her into a "time out" (as the pediatrician had recommended) and went downstairs to get Mike so he too could witness the hysteria that was going on.  Only to my dismay, when I decided to finally relent to the banging door and "Mama" from the other side, the door was locked.  I didn't even know the damn thing had a lock, as her bedroom is more of a small office space off of our bedroom.  Turns out too, it isn't even that push button kind of lock, it is a twist lock.  Seven frantic minutes of getting the drill to take the doorknob off and I think we can safely say Ellie is not going to get another time out (at least for a while).  Of course the tears were quickly resolved with toothbrush back in hand.

On Friday, Mike picked Ellie up from school and she apparently had tripped and faceplanted on the rug to give her a nice, strawberry rug burn on her chin.  Did I mention that we were scheduled for our first professional photos as a family on Saturday?  Yeah right.  Fortunately it rained so I had a reaonable explanation for rescheduling other than,'I don't want it to look like I beat my child'.

Today she has developed a running nose and I put her to bed with a temp of 101.3.  Sigh.  Next week isn't promising to look much better.

All smiles when toothbrush and toothpaste are in hand.  You can't appreciate the bruiser on her right eye very well, but can catch a glimpse of her chin. 

Should I add "slave laborer" to her rough week?  Clearly she enjoys it.  I am thinking, 3 maybe 4 years old and she should be able to push this thing on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment