Sunday, January 30, 2011

A lazy weekend

Here is the list that I made for myself for this weekend.  I say this not in jest, but I was looking forward to a lazy weekend of catching up on stuff.
--Run 18 miles (check)
--pick up clothes/house (check)
--Vac house downstairs/upstairs (check)
--laundry 4 loads, folded and put away (check)
--change Ellie's cribsheet (surprisingly a  large pain in the ass, check)
--do something outside (check, check)
--plan menu for the week (no so much check but I have thought about it!)
--wash floors  (swiffer counts, it was all I was planning on doing, check)
--make Sunday dinner (check)
--grocery shop (check)
--make banana bread (check, extra check for raspberry squares too)
--send Sam and Jen wedding cards (no check.  They have been bought but I have the worst procrastination about sending stuff in mail, sorry girls)
--change media on plates (work thing, no check, who cares about work on the weekends when it is 60 degrees out for the first time in months anyways?!?)
--drive around green hills (check, Mike work thing)
--blog (check!)
--buy wine (check, drinking it now)

It was an epically productive weekend.  On top of it Ellie slept in to 6:37 on the morning that I had to get up with her as opposed to the 5:41 on Mike's morning (as if I didn't actually get up at that time too, but technically didn't get out of bed for another 20 min).  And Mike and I watched a movie on Saturday night together instead of just doing whatever.  We have Sunday night family dinner night with our friends (and only friends) the Reynolds and it was great as well.  Their 4 year old daughter is sometimes a picky eater and the last time we were at her house she said meatloaf was her favorite.  So we had meatloaf this time!  It was pretty good and I look forward to the left overs.

I will admit there was some extra incentive knowing I was going to blog about my list to accomplish some things.  But I did actually feel like it was a lazy weekend, felt so happy to have my run out of the way first thing on Saturday morning and never felt rushed.

Llyod-e and his largeness

Our "do something outside" on Saturday was going to the park.  Ellie loved the slide.  It is amazing how much they grow.  The last time we took her in the late fall, she cried the whole time and maybe went down the slide once.



Dragon park.  There is a huge mosaic dragon plus all the swingset stuff.  Reminds me of Parc Guell in Barcelona.

Ellie has a new infatuation with the cats. 

Mike really liked this outfit and made me get off the phone so that we could get a picture of her in it (there are about 10 others that I didn't post).

Ellie is very organized these days.  She loves to put her toys away, unload the dishwasher and put away the groceries.  As soon as we got upstairs from the garage she waited for me to put the bags down so she could start unpacking.


For those of you who didn't believe I actually had the list.  It isn't quite updated with cross outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment