Friday, January 7, 2011
A "no alarm morning"
Ha, as if. But it had been such torture for me to get back into getting out of bed early and going running this week that last night when Mike (who has this week off) actually set the alarm last night, I said I wanted a no alarm morning. He gave me an extra 15 minutes and if Ellie even slept that late then I could have lived with it. Unfortunately at 4:20 she promptly started shrieking, something that became more often than not during vacation. I let her cry for 4 minutes and then decided she was too worked up and maybe I could get her back to sleep. Not so much. Ended up bringing her into bed, which is not done often because she a.) usually sleeps through the night and b.) usually doesn't go back to sleep. Perception skewed by vacation when she came into bed and slept a couple of times, I figured this was the best way to get back to sleep. Nope. She was up and moving around and constantly changing positions for an hour. And when she finally went down for a bit, suddenly bolted up and oops, fell off the bed. Thank goodness for carpet and the large pile of un-put away clothes that lie hiding on my side of the bed. And while Mike waited until he picked me up from work to say it, I knew all day that he was thinking I should have let her cry longer and she would have gone back to sleep. So much for my "no alarm morning".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment