I have not been feeling the pain in my right foot. It has progressed from a sharp pain somewhat like a stress fracture to more of a burning, achy pain all the way up my arch and into my shin type of pain. Fortunately I had to go to Target today so a daily dose of Aleve should hopefully do the trick. I also was not feeling the Patriots performance on Sunday. Boo. Now I have to cheer for Pittsburgh.
Ellie has not been feeling her ear infection. She has been running fevers in the late afternoon which have caused her to be very tired and almost looking drugged. Last night she fell asleep in her high chair, something she has never done before. No appetite either, which is not like Ellie at all. She got to stay in her jammies all day today though and after a trip to the doctor (yes in her pajamas, but they wanted me there in 15 min and she was sleeping and I was in my bathrobe) she has some medicine and will be good to go tomorrow.
Mike is not feeling his new pants. He has run into the problem of being too skinny for his height and thus can not find his size in any regular store pant. I used to argue with him that this was impossible, but after multiple shopping trips with him, I concur. He finally found a brand that is just by waist and the length is hemmed to you, but clearly this comes at a cost. For some absurd reason, the company has been unable to produce a size 31 pant for over 4 months. He finally relented and decided to go with a 32 and have the waist altered too. After all was said and done, he now still hates the pants because the 32's were bigger all around and now he not only waited 4 months and didn't get the pants he liked, but now has paid a lot of money for pants he still doesn't like. (and this is why I thought he might possibly be gay when I first met him, just a liiiiiiittle too metrosexual).
Things Ellie is feeling:
--mimicking my burping and most anything that goes on at the dinner table
--heading straight for her jacket when she sees either Mike or I put on our jackets. She was very confused today when Mike left and she didn't go with him. She walked around holding her jacket for at least 5 min before I could convince her she wasn't leaving
--her new sippy cup with a straw (even though she holds it upside down and sucks down a lot of air)
--going anywhere with me if I hold my hand out. She loves to hold my hand and walk places, especially going down the stairs facing forward. Thankfully she doesn't do this on her own otherwise we might need to consider safety gates
--her "magic fingers". She knows how to sign for please but somehow has decided that magic fingers work for anything. She just started to extend her arms at full length and wiggle her fingers like she is casting a spell on you over Christmas and now does this for anything she wants, no matter how many times I ask her to say please
--her music class. Believe it or not, she has progressed in her music class, clearly recognizes the songs and is far more outgoing in class than she was at the start.
| Ellie not feelin' it at table. Poor thing |
| Ellie hanging out with Daddy during her pajama day |
No comments:
Post a Comment