Monday, February 7, 2011

The antithesis

I really think someone out there in blogger cosmos is trying to teach me a lesson about karma. 

This weekend could not possibly have been more of the opposite of last weekend. 
Run--hurt the whole way, was freezing and I totally bit it after saying how tired I was and ended up with no skin on my forefinger or palm.  I did finish the 14 miles in under 2 hrs, but paid for it all weekend.  Oh, and I got a migraine upon returning home (second time this week)
Housecleaning--yeah, the housekeeper didn't show up this weekend, I am going to have to fire her.  I don't think I would even let my sisters in my upstairs bathroom.
Laundry--big piles upstairs
Sunday morning--unusually cruel.  Ellie up at 5:19 am.  No mercy for the extremely exhausted mother.  I may have gotten a pity sleep in morning if she had slept close to 7, but at that hour, there was not a chance in hell Mike was getting up for me.  Made my coffee only to discover that my half and half had turned.  That was discovered of course upon seeing the curds in my cup of coffee.  Extra early morning and bad coffee?  C'mon, throw a girl a break. 
Ellie then proceeded to not nap for one second that afternoon.  First time ever she has put up a fight.  And believe me, I tried.  I was elbow deep in lemon bars and she was screaming at the top of her lungs.  It was not a good scene.  And desperately looking forward to my own nap later.  Didn't happen.  She promptly fell asleep on the 2.7 mile drive to our friend's house for dinner though.

There were some highlights though...
-The look on Ellie's face when I accidentally brushed her teeth with our toothpaste.  She couldn't figure out what had happened in her mouth.
-Discovering that Ru San's in Nashville IS the same as Ru San's in Atlanta!  By some weird decision making process we ended up there with Ellie.  She was great in the restaurant and I was re-living my college days.
-Superbowl party at the Reynolds.  Didn't really watch much of the game, but enjoy being social and having friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment