Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Testing the waters

I am happy to report that Ellie D is feeling better.  After being sick for almost a whole week, and more importantly not eating for almost a whole week, she is definitely on the mend.  I, however, have sore abs from coughing so much and still sound like a man.  Such is life.

She is feeling so much better that she has decided that it is time to test her boundaries.  She is being quite a fuss about anything when she doesn't get her way.  And, this past weekend, she deliberately stood on her rocking chair after I had told her no and made her get down.  All the while looking at me and smiling.  Well, she must have done it again while I went into work on Sunday evening because when I came home, this is where I found her rocking chair....


Mike says she did not appreciate her chair relocation and threw a fit for a solid ten minutes.  I have to apologize to Mike too, because I have said numerous times that I was going to be the one that was a hard nose and he was going to be a softy, and he started to take offense to this.  Mostly because he won't stand for the propagation of false information.  But he is right.  I break far easier than he does (he is Mr. Black and White after all). 

Otherwise we had a nice visit from the expecting parents, Autumn and Andrew.  Didn't do too much since the weather outside isn't super great and well, that is a nice thing about good friends.  All they really want to do is visit.  We did go out to dinner which is a treat for us.  We generally can only afford to make it out about once a month so that means that theoretically there are only 24 restaurants in Nashville that we might try.  So we hit up a new place and crossed it off our list.  And the Ferris Bueller's Day Off rerun on Sunday morning hit the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment