Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ellie's first haircut

We will start this off by saying that Mike has declared that all haircuts from here on out will be performed by himself. 

One might also ask why Ellie needed a haircut since she does not exactly have a lot of hair.  But what she did have was very stringy and getting long in both the front and the back.  In fact, she had a little mullet going on back there.  So Sat night in the bath tub (there are going to be some recounted posts here.  I haven't quite gotten down the hang of it yet) I decided for no particular reason that I was going to trim up her bangs and the back of her hair.  The back was fairly easy, she wasn't really paying much attention to what I was doing and likes it when I comb her hair.  I was having some difficulty in the front because she would move just as I got the scissors poised for action.  I called Mike up who immediately questioned the situation but for some reason held her still as I had asked.  I got one snip in and that was it. 

I am sure there are many ways in which I will screw Ellie up in her life.  This is probably just the first.  It is kind of cute now, but a little short but at least hair grows back. And I suppose it is all just part of the prophecy that you turn into your mother.  However this was freehand (even though it may look like she had a Campbell's soup bowl on her head Mom).

2 comments:

  1. You need to tape the bangs - then you can get a snip in when you can! Also - remember that the hair will look MUCH shorter when it dries! All in all, not a bad first attempt. You'll get the bowl look down with a little pratice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh yes, the tape. I had almost forgotten about that. Fortunately hair grows.

    ReplyDelete