So that was it for me! I did my 5 half's, had some killer times, both on the clock and personally, lost two toenails (thank you, Paine to pain) and did far better than I could have imagined, even placing in my age group in 2 races. I definitely think the half is my race.
Sunday, December 28, 2014
#5/5 The "unofficial" Pelham half
We came back on Saturday so that I could complete my 5th and final half marathon. In a complete circle, I started with the biggest half marathon in the US and finished with quite possibly the smallest. It was a local group, mostly comprised of members of my running group with just a starting clock and a finishing clock. While most people agree that it was possibly a little short (my phone registered 12.84 miles), I practiced "letting go" a bit and left it at that. I ran the course as it was mapped out and think that because there were 44 turns in it, it is just possible that the corners and what not must have caused the shave down. I ran with my friend Robin purely for fun (whom I also ran Brooklyn with) and we finished at approximately 1:48 min. It was also a very lovely day out and it was kind of surreal after leaving the winter wonderland that NH was to run in sun and no snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment