Let's all be real. This winter has SUCKED. I was over the pretty, fun aspect of snow after about the 8th time I shoveled and the 3rd snow day for the kids. The concept of a snow day for them hadn't even occurred to me since I am paying their "school" for them to go there. While it may actually make me feel better to call their daycare a "school", it really is a daycare. Which does not have to close according to the school district. Although I will admit, it was a big wake up call for next year.
To add some insult to injury, Zack has not been healthy since day one of "school". You wouldn't really know it to look at the kid, he's pretty much all smiles all the time, but it has just been one thing after another. He contracted rotavirus at the end of January, which then passed to Ellie and then, of course to me. It was not pretty. After 3 days of cleaning up puke and poop, I was less than impressed to have my head in the porcelain crown and having to take yet another day off from work for being ill. Fortunately absolutely no one in my office wanted my illness and therefore demanded that I stay at home.
In my pursuance of Ellie learning how to ski we did make another trip up North for a weekend visit with Mimi and Popo and a meet up with Gap and Marcea at Jiminy Peak. Zack hung back with Mimi and Ellie took a 90 min lesson so Mike and I could ski. After lunch Ellie skied with Gap and Marcea and then with Mike and I. It was cold. But that little trooper did amazing. She was pretty much skiing on her own by the end and loving it. We finished with dinner at Dinosaur BBQ with Popo and Uncle Scott. The kids were absolutely great, our timing was perfect and all around it was just a great day. The following morning we had brunch at Mimi's house with Mike's cousins whom we haven't seen in quite some time which was lovely. Ellie and the kids played a bunch and we headed back before the threat of more snow.
 |
| At the time 'Cuse was doing really well. Not so much anymore. |
 |
| Too stinking cute |
 |
| Declan and Mr. D trying to break free during Super Bowl Sunday, |
 |
| I can't even remember which snowstorm this was, but while I was out shoveling Ellie was out frolicking in the snow. After about 2 hours I finally stopped and helped them build the snowman. Ellie must have been frozen, but she never complained. You would think this girl had been born in Alaska. |
 |
| The kids all playing during the brunch. Skylar and Karina are Mike's cousin Michele's kids. |
No comments:
Post a Comment