Monday, March 31, 2014

The original Mr. D turns 35

Mike turned 35 this past month.  He laughed at me last year when I said I felt old to be turning 35.  He wasn't laughing this year!  He admitted I was right.

We celebrated by going out to dinner in the city on Friday night and then had the Osinskis over for a small birthday celebration on Saturday night.  We ate at Babbo, but unlike Erika, did not have a Jennifer Aniston sighting.  Boo!  Mike had requested a "fancy" cake rather than a decorated this cake, which was good because I didn't really have a whole lot of time to fret over what I was going to put on his cake and Ellie kept insisting on Spiderman, which I was not interested in doing.  So it was a peanut butter cake with chocolate peanut butter filling and cream cheese frosting.  

For Mike's birthday I gave him a weekend in the city of Brotherly Love the following weekend.  I had had my girls weekend with my sisters in Jan and then the boards in Feb and so he was overly deserving of a weekend away.  Not that he hadn't been encouraged to take one of his own, but I am not sure he would have ever really made the hurdle of planning and executing one.  Let's just say we were ready for him to come home when the time had come...

In the midst of these weekends of call and not traveling, the kids have gone to the Children's museum of NJ, Childrens Museum of Manhatten, and the Norwalk Aquarium.   If this winter would ever end we might do something outside.  I was over skiing about 6 weeks ago.

Tessa really wanted a pic of Mike and I.  I continue to be very unphotogenic

I cropped this one.  Love the light of the candles on her face.

A true family event

Mr. D and his buddy Declan.  They are sort of "frenemies" right now.  Declan is showing Zack who is boss
CMOM

CMOM

We had to pull him away kicking and screaming from the sandbox

Ellie finally braved it to touch the jellyfish at the aquarium.

Add caption

At the park on the one nice day we have had in 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment