Monday, March 31, 2014

Diplomat 17841

Thankfully, I passed!  I got the letter last Friday in the mail.  Mike was away for the weekend and the upstairs bathroom had flooded and was leaking through the ceiling, all at about 6:15pm.  After all was taken care of I remembered to check the mail and there was the letter.  I was so excited I started jumping up and down and whooping for joy.  Ellie and Zack, who were sitting at the table eating their dinner, thought this was hilarious.  Ellie got up and joined in.  

On Sunday, when Mike returned, the very first thing that came out of Ellie's mouth was "Daddy, Mommy passed her test and was jumping like this <vision of Ellie jumping up and screaming while flailing her arms>.  I had instant tears.  The mere fact that almost 48 hrs later of a very busy weekend this was the thing that my 4 yo remembered and found most important to tell Mike knocked me out.  It made me more proud that passing the test.  It also makes me feel better about all the late nights at work, missed bedtimes and other events and reassures me that what everyone says about teaching her through my example of hard work really might pay off.  

I still haven't been able to get good and proper drunk to celebrate yet though...

No comments:

Post a Comment