Well, needless to say, in 4 years of medical school, 5 years of residency, 2 years of fellowship and all of the examinations that ensued during those years, this was the worst experience I have ever been through. THE. WORST.
3 days stuck in a hotel room at the DFW airport with about 300 other people all stressed out about a test is anything but fun. In an attempt not to relive it (and by god I hope that I don't have to since I haven't actually been informed I passed yet), I am not going to rehash it at this point. I studied hard. For months. It was not as obvious as I took the test. Everyone assumes I passed but I do not feel that it is a slam dunk at this juncture. I cried the second I saw Mike's face when I got home it was that awful. I got amazingly drunk the next night with friends and felt even more relief.
Now if that damn letter would just come in the mail....In this day and age do we really have to wait a month for the results?
And no, I am not done yet. If I pass I will be a diplomat of the American Board of Urology. But I will still have to take my peds boards, which thank god, are written.
No comments:
Post a Comment