Saturday, February 4, 2012

No diaper

Clearly January has been a very uneventful month for us, with the obvious exception of the potty training (last 3 posts all pertaining to potty training).  January, for it's complete lack of winter weather, was everything it is promised to be with the winter blahs. 

However Ellie did declare last night before bed "no diaper".  As she had woken up with a dry diaper (also duly noted by her every morning) all week, I figured Friday night would be the time to try it, because at least I would be home to wash the sheets right away.  Sure enough, she woke up and wanted to go potty and was dry.  If I had only ever dreamed potty training would be as easy as it has been.  One month and I wasn't even going to bother with the night stuff for a while.

There is a huge trade off though.  For some reason Ellie's bladder has decided that it is time to get up between the hours of 5 and 5:30 am.  And as mentioned before, once that girl is up, she. is. up.  There is no coaxing back to bed by the fact that it is pitch black out.  On the weekdays, I am up by this time so it only matters in so much that my morning routine is down to a perfect science (including full on sprint to catch the bus if I am taking it), and having Ellie up in the morning really throws a monkey wrench in the routine.  On the weekends, it is pure torture.  There is not a hint of even possibly sleeping in on one morning and it also means that the person getting up the following morning often wants to go to bed at an extremely lame time. 

I did get a solo trip down to ATL though since Ellie was sick with the fever virus that swept through Nashville.  Went to Jen (Waters) Fair's baby shower and visited with Autumn and Andrew for the night.  Mike went up to Lake Placid for a bachelor's party and froze his you-know-what's off.  Ellie and I had a playdate with her friend Emmy at the public library for a marionette show which was fun.  But otherwise, it's been a whole lotta nothing.

During our first endeavor of wearing "big girl underwear" Ellie walked around with her little backpack stuffed with a spare outfit.

Mommy trying to catch some afternoon rest most likely after an early morning awakening.  Said resting does not occur when Ellie wants to snuggle (as you can see she is wide awake)

No comments:

Post a Comment