We had a quick trip up to the Capital District Region for the Pierre Alric Jr wedding. Mike was one of the groomsmen in his longtime friend Pierre's wedding. Fortunately it was close enough to Mike's parents that it allowed a visit with them as well. Mimi was in heaven. First of all, Mike flew up with Ellie on Thursday afternoon (I was in heaven with that one). I didn't arrive until late on Friday night, so that was a whole 36 hours of Ellie time without Mommy around. Then, I left for the wedding at about 3 pm on Saturday and asked if Ellie's pack and play could move into Mimi's room that night so that Mike and I could get some rest. If there was anyone in competition with me for daughter-in-law of the year, I would have stomped them out with that one. I don't think the pack and play could have moved any closer to her bed. But it was heaven on earth for Mike and I to sleep in on Sunday morning past the hour of 5 am. Too bad we didn't go to bed a little bit earlier. At least I was sober.
The wedding was great also because every single one of Mike's friends and significant others/spouses was there. It isn't often that everyone can get together like that and we never get to travel and see as many of these people as we would otherwise like to. Overall the whole weekend worked out for everyone involved, although we didn't get to see Uncle Scott, and I had to do damage control for a few days with the Princess underwear and begging for the TV on.
 |
| Auntie Lisa in her favorite spot, partially reading to Ellie |
 |
| The proud groomsman. Mike takes weddings VERY seriously. |
 |
| Mr. and Mrs. Pierre Alric Jr. |
 |
| Jay and Sarah Clark. Jay was Mike's best man in his wedding. |
 |
| All the family |
 |
| Mr. and Mrs. Mike Drzewiecki |
 |
| I am not sure why they were mostly looking at Mike in this picture. From left--Todd Hanson, Mike, Nick Stryjek, Pierre Alric, Bryan Miller, Ryan Crowley, Kevin Osinski, Jay Clark and random guy I can't figure out (sorry random guy if I should know better) |
 |
| The ladies. From left-Anna Hanson, Amy Crowley, me, Rachel Alric, Sarah Clark, Tessa Osinski, Christina so to be Stryjek |
No comments:
Post a Comment