We had an exciting visit from Gap (Grandpa Jack) surrounding the Super bowl weekend. Because he actually WENT to the Super bowl! In some extremely fortunate turn of events, he was asked to participate in this whole Super bowl weekend extravaganza, which happened to both start and finish in Nashville. Which meant that we got to visit with Gap. Ellie was very excited and was very happy to play with Gap the whole time he was at the house. For my part, work was kind of slow, so I was able to leave work early and spend some good quality time with Dad. It was the only win-win situation of the game!
We also had a Super bowl party with a NY vs Boston themed food event. It was good fun and although the creme for my Boston Creme Pie didn't set the way I wanted it to (translation--hissy fit by Beth while trying to assemble the BCP), it was certainly a successful event. I am still trying to work off all the cheesecake I ate. It was very good, although legitimately 200 calories per bite.
| Ellie let Gap read the nighttime story to her. |
| This is what I found after I came downstairs from putting Ellie to bed. |
No comments:
Post a Comment