Monday, January 2, 2012

Surprise Mimi!

Although I swore after last year's holiday travel escapades that I was not going to travel this year for the holidays, I didn't quite get away with it.  Pam's birthday is January 1st, and it just so happens that this year she was turning 60.  As we have not once celebrated her birthday with her in the 6 years that Mike and I have been together, it was time for us to give her a birthday in style.  So we booked 3 plane tickets, planned a surprise party with Lisa and the plans were in the works. 

Pam claims this is the first time in 60 years she has ever been surprised.  Not sure I buy that, but she definitely was surprised.  It took her a minute to register who Ellie was and why she was in her house.  That surprise clouded her judgement to be surprised yet again at her birthday party the following night.  Amazingly, she really didn't know.  And the party was a huge success, no thanks to the help of Lisa, Aunt Lucy and Sheryl.  I am glad it was a good one, because it is going to be 10 years before she sees anything like this again.

The Hanson twins came over for a visit.  Ellie was infatuated with the babies.  Peyton (pictured here) and Ashton are about 7 months old.

Lisa and Anna Hanson

The boys deliberate over something

Anna, Ashton, Todd and Peyton Hanson

Ellie was having a hard time rocking both of the car seats.  I know Ellie, two at once is too much!

The very happy mother

Mike and his brother Scott at the party

The Three Muskateers, Sheryl, Lucy and Pam

The birthday girl

Not sure if Ellie or Pam was the bigger hit at the party

Uncle Scott finally getting some Ellie time!

No comments:

Post a Comment