We decided that it was time to sink or swim with the potty training. What better time than right after I had a case of diapers delivered on Wednesday, right? Ellie has been going on the potty sporadically for a couple of months now, and while diapers are extremely convenient, I figured that they were also making me lazy with addressing the toilet training. So Saturday morning I showed Ellie all her big girl panties and told her she had to go on the potty, and that she would get a sticker every time she tried.
By early afternoon, the score was:
Potty: 1 poop, 3 pees
Panties: 1 poop, 4 pees
While I had committed to doing a lot of laundry over the weekend and not going anywhere, I wasn't sure I was going to have enough clothes to get through just one day, nevermind patience. Bless her heart, (standard Southern saying that can go in front of just about anything) she was a trooper. The afternoon proved to be a bit better, and by bedtime she was obsessed with her big girl panties (and stickers).
I decided to go all for it at one shot and put her to bed sans diaper. So when she started crying at 2:30 AM I jolted out of bed to grab her and whisk her to the potty. I am not sure she was exactly awake, and she definitely didn't like being woken up like that. She was dry when I got her, but by the time we got to the potty and got her pajamas off (stupid me put on the zip up ones which are not a quick take off) she was wet in the panties. She did go a little and while I was cleaning her up she kept asking for something. It took her at least 6 times of asking before I realized what she wanted....a sticker. Can't put one past this kid.
Tonight I am going to remember to bring the stickers upstairs.
Today, was a miracle if there ever was one. Not a single accident. While she only had a very small poop, and we took her to the potty practically once an hour, we were in the same outfit at the end of the day that we started in. I am still planning on sending at least 4 with her to school tomorrow, but needless to say, I am encouraged! We'll see how long before I put her in diapers for bed though. And how much money I spend on stickers in the next month. My baby girl a big girl now (tears welling in eyes).
No comments:
Post a Comment