Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Weekend excursion

Ellie and I had a special weekend trip this past weekend.  We took off on Thursday evening for a long weekend in NH.  Unfortunately I only brought my flip video camera because our camera is otherwise too big and bulky and I have yet to upload the videos.  But I do promise to add them later.  Cassam has an amazing Taylor Swift solo.

Ellie did pretty well with the flights.  At one point she was walking up and down the aisle of the plane and essentially high fiving people as she went (or more like slapping everyone's knees).  She was not too interested in any of the toys that I brought for her, never mind actually sitting on my lap.  But we made it and Aunt Sara and Ethan were there to pick us up. Ellie of course was not interested in socializing with anyone unless it was from my hip.  This lasted for all of Friday and it wasn't until I left for a run on Sat morning that she eventually started to play with her cousins. Ellie will be remembered for her big appetite though--the girl didn't stop eating!

Lisa watched Ellie for me on Sat night so that I could go down to Boston for my friend Samantha's bachelorette party.  Can you imagine a bachelorette party where 6 of the 10 girls there are urologists?  Very funny.  We had a great time, even though I somehow managed to get a parking ticket within 10 minutes of being in Boston.  Apparently they still stalk me.  I did not take it lightly and poor Mike got quite an earful. 

All in all it was a great weekend (minus my inadvertant insult to my father and the parking ticket) yet feels so surreal right now.  I have been struggling since the move and it was very strange to go home and see everyone that I love and be in an area that makes me comfortable and then poof!  you are gone again.  Sometimes it feels like it never happened.  And then I logged on to pay my parking ticket...

Thanksgiving dinner is next on the list!  I can't wait for the family to come and for all the cooking.  It will be a miracle if I last for a half day at work tomorrow.  I feel so energized with my long list of things to do to prepare.  And Go PATS!  So pumped about the win on Sunday.  My wonderful husband recorded the game for me so that I could watch it when I got home.  Peyton really likes to make them nail biters!

No comments:

Post a Comment