Sunday, August 23, 2015

St. Barth's Redux

We were graciously invited to go back to St. Barth's with Autumn and Andrew again this year.  We felt very privileged since no one else had been there since the last time we went.  Once again, it was a fabulous time, but it was in some ways, almost certain not to live up to it's expectations.  Our last trip was pure heaven to us (well me at least, I suppose I can't really talk for Mike).  This trip was actually equally as good, but very different at the same time.  Which honestly, is perfect if you are going back to the same place.  The scary part is that after even two trips there it starts to feel comfortable.  Sadly, it isn't our place!

This time, the weather wasn't quite as amazing as the last time.  The beaches were a little overrun with seaweed, which A&A had never seen in the last 10+ years.  Apparently it is because of the deforestation in the rain forests of South America.  I'm still not sure how that ends in seaweed in St. Barth's but I am sure anything is possible.  It was a little cloudy in the afternoon and the wind was sometimes a bit too brutal.  But spending time in paradise is paradise!  And this time the island was completely open, so instead of roaming the island beach hopping, we roamed the island taking down the luxurious restaurants one at a time.  We ate at La Langouste, Bonito, Toiny, and Santa Fe.  We took a catamaran cruise in fantastic weather and did some snorkeling. We even found the night life which was something A&A said they have never done.   Which of course led to less sleep and less catching up on sleep.  But nonetheless, it was absolutely a fabulous vacation and  somehow it went by too fast and is beyond a figment of my imagination now.  Hoping for another invite back though!

Mr. Swann enjoying some R&R

The caption from the morning coffee spot

This is how I spent my mother's day...isn't this how everyone spends their mother's day?!?
We had a little visitor the last night that we were there.  Mr. Drzewiecki was not so appreciative of the guest.  I'm surprised he slept that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment