Saturday, August 29, 2015

North Ave Mile and other weekend events

Ok, so June we tried staying home.  It mostly worked.  But there were still lots of events going on.

Such as my 10 year med school reunion.  It was a very small reunion of sorts, but it brought some of my good friends together so that was great.  Amazing to see the clan of kids that have erupted!
Some of the kids in the pic...

We also went to our neighbors (old neighbors now!) open house/birthday birthday party for their daughter Olivia.
Olivia is on the right 

This thing is amazing.  Self containing and drains the energy!  If they hadn't said it took forever to set up I might just buy one.

 We also had our North Avenue Mile event.  Ellie had been excited about this for months.  We had tried "training" together a couple of times.  She likes the "sprint and walk" method but I tried to encourage her to pace herself.  We aren't quite there yet.  But she loved the race and we had another great time.
An almost identical pic to the one from last year.  However  this year she is actually in running sneakers rather than Chucks all stars.

Sam ran again this year, but he seems to have mastered the pacing...
 The weather started to get nice which meant that it was time for the pool!  Due to a series of unfortunate events, we ended up having to wait outside for a bit but the time was easily passed with some absolutely hideous attempt at an ice cream.

Fortunately the kids were happy about the disgusting ice creams.
Somehow Robin and I managed to get away for a half marathon in upstate.  It crossed this bridge over the Hudson and was an amazingly gorgeous day.  The pic is of us during the part over the bridge.  I would like to think that I am a little less pale at this stage in the summer.  But that just might be wishful thinking.  

I took the kids to Glenn Island one day for an afternoon of outside activities.
Zack was very serious about eating his pineapple.

There were lots of fun places to climb about outdoors.  The kids were getting along great.

I mean, who doesn't love that face!

There was this old castle with some outdoor cave like places to crawl around.  

I feel like this one looks like they are falling down a hole.

The kids loved the castle
Another weekend (or possibly the same one) we met my friend Lisa Chatigny and her kids for a brief visit at the Mamaroneck Fireman's Carnival.  Those carnies know how it's done.  We were each out about $50 in no less than 1 hr....and then it started raining.



 Ooops, some more pics of the North Ave mile.  I'm just too lazy to reposition them. This is the third time I've tried to write this post.
Coming down the finish

We grabbed Zack at the end

There was a tightrope at the little festival at the end  of the race.  It's not as easy as it looks--ha!

Ellie made it look easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment