| We had a little memorial service for him and made this poster. We lit the candle in his honor. It was a really, really nice family event. |
Thursday, February 5, 2015
RIP Maestro Drzewiecki
We lost our first pet today. Maestro Drzewiecki was found in our neighbor's driveway, no longer living. He had been let out this morning by myself, thinking he might like to be out for a couple of hours when it wasn't so frigid. Unfortunately he never made it back. I refuse to believe that in the 12 hours that he was out that he just lay down and allowed himself to freeze to death. I fear he must have been hit by a car or something else happened to him that prevented him from making it back to our doorstep, not 30 feet away. My heart is broken. He was a very good cat and always loved to be wherever we were in the house. Even when I would get up in the middle of the night to attend to the kids, he would come out from wherever he was and say hello. He would curl up in your lap in a moment's notice and was very friendly to everyone who came in. He love to play in bags or boxes and would basically find his way into anything. He and Lloyd would legitimately spar with each other and Maestro had a 3 foot vertical jump. Lloyd isn't sure what is going on just yet, but I can tell he knows something is up. May he rest in peace. He will be missed by us all greatly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so sorry, Beth.
ReplyDelete