To make Christmas a little bit more hectic, Teetee got married two days later. Honestly, I didn't think that much about it since she wasn't really making a big deal about it. It really started as just a sort of cocktail hour. Things started to escalate a bit but little by little. It didn't really hit me what a big deal it was until the day before when I could tell she had the jitters (and maybe was a little mad because Mimi and I had gotten Emily all off schedule, and she had a right to be mad, we weren't thinking). And even though I kept telling them what a big deal it was to get married and what not, it wasn't until then that I realized that her low key wedding was still a wedding and that this was a really huge day!
But I have to hand it to her. She did it. She pulled off the low key wedding with all the right bells and whistles and it was really quite a perfect event. Small and intimate with all the people there that really wanted to be there. The venue was beautiful and self-decorated for the holidays so she didn't have to pay for that. I was the only bridesmaid and got to recycle a previously worn and beautiful bridesmaid dress. We were able to spend the morning at the salon together while her cousin did our hair. Mike was the MC of the ceremony and did an fantastic job. It was a wonderful blend of funny and serious while being appropriate the whole time. Just enough pictures to capture the event without spending forever in front of the camera in 18 different configurations of the same people. Perfect amount of food, booze and love. It was a fantastic event. We even were lucky enough to have our friends parents house to stay at and they even came and picked up our kids halfway through and watch them for us so that we could enjoy the event. So there was just enough time with them there and just enough time without them.
I wish I had some more pics, but unfortunately I was busy with being the matron of honor, a mother and taking pics with her camera. But the good url is http://goo.gl/7Af6j0
No comments:
Post a Comment