Thursday, September 4, 2014

August is amusement park month

For whatever reason, this August the kids went on 3 weekends in a row of amusement parks.  I suppose the Altamont fair in upstate NY might not quantify an amusement park, but the kids went on rides, or so I am told.  Mike had the kids for the weekend upstate with his parents while I stayed back and enjoyed a weekend of work (yes, that was sarcastic).

I had made a bucket list of things to do over the summer in the area.  This was before I realized how quickly time would slip by with the weekends associated with our vacation followed by a weekend of Mike and kids being away.  After 4 weekends of not being home together, we decided to make a trip out to Coney Island.  The weather could not have been better.  We really had planned on going to the aquarium with our membership which was set to expire in 3 days, however in appropriate Drzewiecki fashion it was closed due to a power outage.  Fortunately we still were able to use the free parking.  We then headed over to Luna Park and hit up some of the rides.  Then the boardwalk for some poor choice of lunch and then to the beach.  Back to the rides and of course some ice cream.  Mike and I individually rode the Cyclone as well, which definitely brought me back to my Canobie Lake Park days.  I, of course, am a "no hands" kind of gal while Mike is a "white knuckles" kind of guy.

The following weekend we met the Chatigny's at Rye Playland for some more rides and fun.  Ellie must have been feeling her sea legs at this point because she was definitely more daring than previously.  Poor Zack definitely got the short end of the stick, probably only going on a few rides each time.  Not worse for the wear though as he seemed to enjoy himself just fine!

I'm not quite sure Ellie has reached the "no hands" level, and there were a couple of rides she almost cried the entire way through, but overall there is a daredevil inside her waiting to come out.

Mike and Ellie on the swings.  They actually go around really fast and spin you out pretty far

Ellie and I on the kiddie roller coaster

No hands!

Mike taking the kids on the boat

Zack loved it.  I love how Mike is crammed in this thing so tightly.

On the carousel

Almost no hands....

On the beach

Too cool for school

Getting ready to go on the swings

This was probably the best ride of the day with her.  One of those surprisingly fun rides that didn't look it from the ground.

If you look really closely, you can see me on there.  No hands of course.

The view of the boardwalk.  We thought Coney Island was super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment