Now that we are back in the Northeast, I have the ski bug back in me. I was born and raised skiing, what can I say. But in order for me to ski, there can't be any children around. Mike and I made a "priority travel list" for 2013 and visiting some friends in Burlington, VT was high on the list. Why not a ski weekend? Big prob is that BVT is about a 6 hr drive from here. Not exactly a weekend getaway. But wait--JetBlue flies there in an hour from JFK. Leave early on Sat come back late on Sun, its the perfect getaway (without kids).
Alas, the kids came with us. And there was no skiing. Which was fine because we went one week before the major snowstorm and it might have been the first time I went to BVT and there was no snow on the ground. In February. Regardless, we had a great time visiting lots of friends. And fortunately our friends without kids have an easier time securing a babysitter than we do and so they were able to get us a sitter for the night and we could have a dinner out among friends. I will tell you though, one kid doesn't separate you from your friends without kids that much, but two kids, man you are in a whole other league. Ellie absolutely loves Beth Lee and I basically gave her over to "other Beth" the whole weekend. Zack is still attached to me most of the time, but otherwise just sits and smiles at everyone. Except for the fact that we had to get up super early on Sat and then get home really late on Sun, and the kids didn't let us sleep at all on Sat night, it was a really relaxing trip! It was Zack's first plane trip too. He has a lot of catching up to do with Ellie D.
| Traveling with kids |
| Traveling without |
No comments:
Post a Comment