Friday, February 22, 2013

Draw a straight line across PA

Last weekend I took the kids on a trip to Lisa's house.  They are hoping to move soon and the girls so enjoy spending time together, as do Lisa and I.  Mike and I had originally bought tickets to an SU basketball game on Sat night of the holiday weekend, so he stayed behind to attend the game and have a little daddy R&R. Why I thought a 6 hour trip on the Friday of a holiday weekend with two kids by myself was a good idea, I will never know, however I don't regret it in the least (except for my repeat performance of getting pulled over going 80 on the highway).

Of course the hospital killed me trying to get out at a reasonable time.  Never fails.  But we made it and had a great visit.  Saturday we took the girls swimming for a bit and then the babies and Lisa and I went to the outlet mall to do some shopping.  Uncle Brad got to hang out with the girls.  Part of the trip was my determination to get Ellie out on skis again, and Lisa lives within an hour of a couple of little hill type places meant for teaching kids how to ski.  It was quite a production with 4 kids and 3 adults.  We had one adult inside manning the two babies and two adults out with the two girls.  It didn't take Uncle Brad long to realize the better gamble was with the babies.  Lisa and I killed our quads, glutes and upper bodies trying to keep the girls up and get them up the bunny slope on the T bar.  For some reason there was a little bit of an incline to get on the T bar and off the damn thing, and Ellie would basically turn into dead weight while I tried to maneuver her around.  But she loved it again and it was a success and Lisa and I definitely don't need to go to the gym for a while.

Of course the time went by too fast, but it was a great time for me to visit with Lisa and her family and spend some good time with the kids.  Ellie and Charlotte had super fun hanging out and having a sleepover.  I do hope that they can sell their house soon and move back a little closer, especially since it took me over 7 hours both ways to get there.  Funny, I got the speeding ticket and Lisa has made it in much less time than I did!

There was lots of "dressing up" over the weekend.  This is what Ellie was doing when I got up on Saturday morning.

Baby Addison

"Um, does anyone else see this guy putting his hands on me?!?"  Zack pretty much grabs at anything put in front of him these days

Its funny, Zack doesn't look that much bigger in this pic but he is monstrous next to Addie.

Go Cuse!

Twins!  There was a lot of monkey see, monkey do that weekend.

I love that you can hardly even see the girls among the toys.  They kept saying "we're going to grandma's house" and loading the toys up on the bed.  I suppose they were using their imaginations!  And keeping quiet.  But clearly quiet is not good.

Practicing "hands on the knees".  Not sure why Charlotte is giving Ellie the hairy eyeball in this one, but its a great pic.

Sheesha with the babies.  Charlotte kept saying all weekend "Zack attack, all you do is smile"

Dad bought the girls both the helmets this winter for them to learn how to ski.  They both did a great job!  And I loved the family run place that didn't charge me for her rentals because they understood the importance of just getting them out there and the likelihood that she would abort at any time.  The whole thing cost me $15!  But I did lug my skis and boots down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment