I have always known that I married a good man. But yesterday only reaffirmed it in so many ways.
Mike bought me some make up for Christmas. He must have been pretty struggling for ideas (which I find impossible because women are sooooo much easier to buy for than men) because buying make up for women isn't easy. Anyways, I just wanted to make sure that the colors of the blush and lipstick were going to match before I used them.
So I walk up to the Chanel counter at Nieman Marcus probably at least 6 weeks after Mike had been there to purchase said make up for me. He had told me that the ladies at the counter were impressed with his knowledge of me. When I presented my box and said, "my husband bought me some stuff for Christmas and I just wanted to check to make sure...." well I didn't even get to finish. She called another woman over and in seconds they were just gushing to me about Mike, and they remembered when he came in and he was so wonderful and sweet and he knew the answers to all of their questions and they have never met a husband like that before.....and on and on. Then they just wanted to do my make up and gussy me up--which I wasn't complaining about. I wanted to buy a couple more things anyways. The whole time these women could not stop talking about that day with Mike there. It was like an angel from heaven had been sent to their make up counter and they were so happy to meet the woman that he was associated with. Of course I had Zack in the stroller, cute as can be, hamming it up the whole time too. They did me all up and then Mike and Ellie showed up and you would have thought we were the Royal Family. Of course, I had to tell them to stop otherwise I was just going to cry all over the place and for crying out loud, they put mascara on me.
But yet, it was just so nice to see what an impression Mike had made on these women. And all because he loves me. And because he is just One. Good. Man. It makes me so happy to know that Zack will someday be this way too, because he will be lead by the example that Mike is on how you should treat a woman, your wife, and the mother of your children. And I am just One. Lucky. Woman. Who now has nice make up from Chanel :)
No comments:
Post a Comment