Monday, February 11, 2013
Surgery of the future...
It's funny to say I perform robotic surgery. It seems so futuristic and 2001 (HA! at one point in time that was the....future). But alas, I have completed my first robotic surgery as an attending. Figure I post lots of milestones for the kids, I might as well put one up for me. I trained on the robot all throughout my training, although always at the whim of the attending as to how much I would get to do. Last Friday I was the attending, and I did the whole damn thing. One would think it might be difficult to convince someone to be my first robotic patient. But quite the contrary. This kid didn't want surgery until I said the word robot, and now he is completing his science project on it. Anyways, it was a big deal for me and I hope to develop the robotics program here at CHAM so here's to a good start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment