Ellie has started in with the "Mommy I missed you when you were at work today" as well as the "you came home from work late". In all fairness she says this to Mike as well. Not sure where it came from or why she is suddenly so loving, but it's pretty cute.
Last Friday was no exception to the rule of Mommy coming home late from work. I was on call and had a bunch of stuff that kept me later than planned. I walked in just at 8 pm when she was ready for me to sing to her and lie in bed with her. After her barrage of questions surrounding where I was and why I cam home late, I tried explaining to her that I am a doctor and that when kids are sick I have to work late, etc. etc. This is our pillow talk conversation"
Ellie: Mommy are you a doctor?
Me: yes, Mommy is a doctor.
Ellie: I want to be a princess when I grow up. So I can go to movies.
Huh. Guess we'll have to see how Mike's theory pans out on Zack.
| My princess |
No comments:
Post a Comment