Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall fun

Last year after seeing everyone's photos of kids in pumpkin patches and reading about the fun family trips to go pumpkin picking, I decided that we were going to do it this year.  I even went as far as to put it on the calendar about a few months ago just to make sure that I followed through.  Basically our weeks are so busy that the weekend is my catch up time, and with our "regular" weekend activities there is sometimes little time (and energy) left for other things.  And with Ellie still being so small, and knowing she doesn't care, it is easy to become complacent.

So this year we set out to Huckleberry Hill Farm for some fall farm fun.  While I did think it was supposed to be pumpkin picking, it really had very little to do with the pumpkins.  They were pretty much piled up with price tags on them.  I of course, forced Ellie to play among them so I could capture that quintessential pumpkin photo. But there were animals, a hillbilly pig race, a corn maze and a pumpkin bazooka of sorts.  Most importantly it was a gorgeous day and spectacular to be outside.  Fall has been pretty nice down here. 
 Oh yeah, the Hillbilly Pig Race!


She wasn't very easy to get sitting still

She liked the chickens until the moved

Getting lost in the corn maze
The pumpkin cannon

They had a bunch of big slides and Ellie was all over them


This one was called the Monster Rippler

I made her go down this one with Daddy.  It was really high!
My little kitchen helper

It took a lot of convincing to get the apron on.

No comments:

Post a Comment