It is really funny how sometimes things just seem to come out of nowhere.
Like how it is 7 degrees on Friday morning and 65 degrees today.
Over Christmas break, one evening Sara says to me, "why do you only have one earring in?" I put my hands to my ears only to realize that one of the diamond studs that Mike gave me for our wedding was missing. I had been to 4 different houses that day, and didn't even know when I had lost it. There seemed to be no hope in finding it. When out of the blue on Friday I get a text from Sara "call Grebett, I think she found your earring." Huh?!? Sure enough, my grandmother had found my earring on her living room floor, 6 weeks later. I had been at her house that morning with Charlotte and Ellie and was playing with them on the floor. As my grandmother primarily lives in Cape Cod, she hadn't been to the house (or vacuumed thank God!) since that morning when she left about an hour after I did. Somehow the light caught the diamond just as she was about to start up the vacuum cleaner (thanks for the high quality diamond Mike!). Amazing. I am so out of the dog house on that one now. Mike did not take it very lightly (as if I had any control over losing it).
Then there is the 20 mile run that kills you way more than the 18 mile run did. I mean, what is 2 more miles if you are running that far? Who knows what it was, but I was in an incredibly sorry state of affairs once my Garmin hit 20.00 miles. The run just plain sucked, but I make it through ok (thanks to my encouraging running partner). But once I stopped, forget it. I could barely limp home and pretty much collapsed on the floor in pain and in tears. Literally, at the foot of the door. After about an hour I somehow came to and back to life. Not exactly encouraging for marathon day, but hey, the marathon will be over at that point and I may never walk again.
We also got served on Saturday night when we attempted to go out to dinner with Ellie before our sitter came over for us to head out to the movies. (Black Swan was amazing. Super intense, but amazing acting by Natalie Portman). Maybe we haven't completely acclimated yet, but we went to 3 restaurants at 6pm that were not only packed solid, but with 30 min wait lists. Is there some early bird special that I am missing?!? In all of Nashville? It is so strange to me that places would fill up at 5:30 pm. So at the 3rd place we went to it was first come first serve. The first table to get up was a booth that could easily fit 6. We felt kind of bad taking it so offered to share it with a nice couple that came in after us. Turns out they live right around the corner from us, just moved here, have a 6 month old son and one of them works at Vandy as a radiologist. She also runs in the mornings slightly faster than me. But it was.....that's right....totally out of the blue and I hope we can meet up and go running and maybe have some more friends.
Here is some out of the blue antics of Ellie D at the dinner table. She was on fire tonight. She pounded her braised short ribs (literally stuffing them in her mouth fist over fist) and mashed potatoes and then was just being quite a goof.
No comments:
Post a Comment