Tuesday, April 21, 2015

BVT

I am, ahem, well super duper behind on blogging.  Once you get behind, well, you are behind.  It's hard to catch up.

The last weekend in February we went up to BVT to visit with our friends and get some skiing in.  Mike and I took the day off on Friday as we weren't going to repeat the luggage/flight escapades of the last time.  Plus the nuclear family is larger in size now (not number) and it just didn't make sense. We had an excellent time hanging out, although there were some mishaps.

The kids decided that they were not going to sleep well the first night.  Not good.  I hate not only being up with them all night but also stressing about them keeping up other people in their own home.  Did not make for good rest.

We went skiing at Bolton Valley on Saturday after stopping by Jason Chung's house for some chicken fried steak.  He went crazy all out for this breakfast at an otherwise ridiculously early time in the morning.  All of the non-child bearing folks went back to sleep for a little bit while we headed up to the mountain to spend a solid hour getting everyone squared away.  I still don't know how my dad did it with all of us.  Ellie went in ski school for the day while Zack hung out in the day care.  Mike and I got to ski by ourselves for a little bit before meeting up with the aforementioned friends without kids. There was some Mountain Dew challenge with a Nastar sort of race that you could do for free.  Mike and I raced each other.  I schooled him twice.  Obviously.

The day on the mountain was just perfect.  It was sunny and relatively warm.  It was a smaller, more quiet mountain without any high speed chairs.  The terrain was good and you just skied right up and got on the chair.  Cost effective and just right.  It was a spectacular day.

We got back to the Lees house just in time for Zack to start in with his second round of rotavirus for the weekend.  Perfect.  Managed to get most of it out before the sitter arrived and we jetted out.  We had a fiesta style dinner with 9 friends and hung out in BVT.  Went to bed way too late for the amount of sleep we had the night before and had to change Zack out of his diarrhea laden sheets and pajamas when we got home.

Sunday we managed to hit up brunch before hitting the road for what we thought would be another beautiful trip home.  Until we drove straight into a snow storm.  And after stopping for a poop scare we got back on the road just at dark and I managed to break off one of our non-working windshield wipers. Well it worked better before I broke it.  We eventually made it home after 8 hours in the horrible weather.  It was sunny when we left I swear!

The only picture of the weekend.  Ellie D after skiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment