Monday, April 27, 2015

March Madness

In an effort to try and catch up so that I might actually stay a little more current with the topics and posts, March is going to be a photo montage/list of activities and events.

March was Saturday night date night month for Mike and I.  The first Saturday we went to watch the Princeton Tigers take on Columbia in the city.  It wasn't even a match up.

The second Saturday was Mike's birthday.  He had planned a night out in the East Village starting at Mission Chinese.  It's a long story, but suffice it to say, we covered the East Village on foot that night.  I ran the NYC half marathon the following day with my friend Laura.  Not my best time, but I wasn't racing and I really enjoyed the race.  From there we went up to Ethan Gulrajani's birthday party.  It was a quiet weekend...

The following weekend I was invited by my chairman to attend the Medical Staff and Alumni black tie dinner at the Glenn Island Harbour Club.  A fancy event?  Yes, please!  I managed to buy a new dress and all the works as well as get my hair and make up done for not a very good reason, but hey, it was fun.  Mike and I had fun dancing and I chalked it up to advancing my career.  I am still trying to submit my receipts to the budget tzar....

The last weekend we had a dinner party with my running friends.  Although my first course of homemade gnocchi completely fell apart (I was absolutely dying inside) I think it was a pretty big success.  We had a good time and finally got to meet my friend Sara's husband.

There were lots of other little things here or there that we did, I really don't remember everything sadly (although I am not sure how much effort I am putting into it).

Oh, the final thing was my day trip down to MD to go and watch my cousin Courtney's undefeated Princeton Tigers go and play in the second round of the NCAA tournament.  I had been watching her the whole season, and this girl was the it girl for college basketball, men's and women's.  This could be a whole other post all in itself.  Needles to say, I am incredibly proud of her and what she did this year, not only for her players but all of women's basketball.  And I was super happy to make her game and cheer them on, even though they lost and the MD fans are the absolute worst!

Trying to balance on the bike

Helping Mommy bake banana bread

First hair cut!

Sibling love

Mommy and Ellie selfie all dressed up for the ball

Just two girls with their dresses on

The power couple 

Hanging with the Osinskis

Our newfound nudist

Second round for the NCAA!  Go Courtney!

It was decided that Daddy wanted a Spiderman cake


Mr. D's serious face

No comments:

Post a Comment