Friday, August 15, 2014

Summer on the lake

This year, I decided to take a week off in July and spend it in NH with the family.  It didn't hurt that my dad built a brand new house on the lake!  In all honesty though, it seemed like every summer there were lots of family get togethers and time spent on the lake together and I was missing out.  The medical year starts in July and so for years it was a very difficult time for me to take off.  But not this year!  Since we were going to ME for the week just two weeks later, I had to go solo with the kids.  Plus 2 weeks with my family might have sent Mike over the edge.

We stayed at Dad's new house which was, well, not quite ready.  We made it work though and it was definitely worth it.  Staying on the lake is just pure heaven.  The view of the water with the mountain in the background is one of the most grounding things for me.  It just brings me right back to where I grew up and the sweet, simple life.  Lying on the dock at night and staring up at the beautiful stars.  It was just what I was looking for.  You add on top of that great times with all sorts of family and friends and it really was one of the best vacations I've had it a long time.  With the exception of Mike not being there.

We were able to do most of the things that were on my bucket list for the week.  Blueberry picking (complete with wasp sting for me), a canoe ride on the lake, boat rides and waterskiing (complete with face plant by yours truly), dinner at Del Rossi's, horseback riding for Ellie, Friendly Farm with Mom, ice cream, time with grandparents, cousins, siblings and friends.  And even a mommy's night out (which Zack promptly ruined by not sleeping AT ALL)!  I got home and promptly took a nap.

The Divas in the pool

Grandpa Jack and Baby Jack

Petting the bunnies at the Friendly Farm


Grammie showing the kids a chickie.  Zack love the chickens, but not as much as throwing the sawdust

Feeding the chickens

Mooo!

Ellie in the lake 

Zack hanging out in his straight jacket, I mean life jacket

Can you find the frog?

Hanging out in the hammock swing

Grandpa Jack and Miss Marcea

Gap and his grandkids having some dinner

I have a picture of me in this chair when I was somewhere around this age.  I am going to need to dig it out.

Delilah's turn!

Eve and Ayla

Cousins at the pool

It's the next generation of Kate and Beth (Kate Schofield Frerichs, my best friend from childhood's daughter Hazel is on the right)

Nathan and Fletcher

Picking and eating blueberries right off the plant

Ellie went horseback riding.  I didn't think there was a prayer of her getting on the horse.  

She wanted to go again!

Zack loved feeding the horses.

Twin cousins!

Finally catching some rest

Uncle Nickie!

I'm not exactly sure what Lisa was doing

The view of the house from the lake

Some good looking boys!

Grandpa Jack doling out the marshmallows for roasting in the fire pit

All the cousins at Grammie and Papous

Having a picnic lunch

The two little trouble makers

No comments:

Post a Comment