I realize that it is two weeks past Halloween, but well, it's my first free second. We had tickets to the Blaze, which is a big nighttime event with lots of carved pumpkins. It sells out fast and missed the tickets last year as we were still getting our bearings in the area. Mike's friend Ed Lee and his family tipped us off. That's about all I can tell you since I was on call and of course, since we had bought the tickets months before, I got called in.
We also hit up the Greenburgh Nature Center for a Halloween "parade". It was at the most a very nice day outside and a beautiful fall one at that. The kids were great and we had fun with the Crowleys, but it was otherwise an overrated and overpriced event.
I do happen to love Halloween. We bought over 500 pieces of candy since it is supposed to be such a big holiday around here. I had big expectations. So therefore I invited a bunch of Ellie's friends from school and their parents and some of our friends over in order for the kids to have fun and walk around together. Of course I had planned to be home by four, get the house and kids all ready, etc, but instead careened into the driveway at a little after 6 because I ran late in the OR. By this time Ellie had already had a costume change from what I had bought her into something else and was running around the house. So she didn't particularly care that I didn't put make up on her like I had promised. I made the lamest attempt at my mummy costume and we ran around the neighborhood trick or treating for a short period of time. It was surprisingly hard to keep up with the kids! After we got back it was about an hour or so of utter mayhem and everyone left. Not quite what I had planned but everyone seemed happy enough.
 |
| I would love to know what they were looking at |
 |
| Walking around some park with the Lees before the sun set |
 |
| Mr. D loves the slide |
 |
| Ellie D loves finding sticks in the woods |
 |
| The pics didn't come out all that great because it was too dark out, but it gives a little bit of an idea |
 |
| Mr. D revisiting the duck costume that Ellie wore when she was his age. |
 |
| Princess Ellie |
 |
| Andrew Crowley the 3 headed Cobra. He was very serious about staying in his costume. |
 |
| He even waddled like a duck |
 |
| I love this picture |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| Its hard to get him to sit still and cuddle any longer! |
 |
| Don't worry, it's not a real candle |
 |
| This was Mikes pumpkin |
 |
| Baby Jack Jack! |
 |
| We didn't stand a chance at getting the kids to sit together quietly for a picture |
 |
| Baby Jack Jack and his Mummy |
No comments:
Post a Comment