When he called to tell us that he was planning on coming down for a visit, we were pleasantly surprised. We never really get to spend a lot of time with him and certainly never solo when we travel up north to visit. It was quite a busy weekend and it might be a while before Uncle Scott has the energy to come back down!
Saturday when he got here was just gorgeous. We decided to head up to one of the pumpkin places to get some pumpkins for carving. Fortunately for us, it also had some apple picking. I finally got to go apple picking! It was kind of late when we got there but we procured about a half dozen apples just the same. There was a tractor ride and tons of pumpkins to choose from. Mike even got his much sought after fresh cider doughnuts. It couldn't have turned out better.
We decided to just head to a restaurant afterwards for dinner in order to get in early. Dinner was not so much of a success. Probably one of the more chaotic experiences for Mike and I, reminding us that we are possibly entering the zone of not being able to take Zack out.
Sunday Mike had previously made plans to go golfing and so Scott was relegated to the Columbus Day fair with Ellie, Zack and I. I couldn't have been more grateful for the help either, because I would have stupidly braved it by myself and it would've been a complete disaster. It was another beautiful day and we ended up walking there and staying about 1.5 hrs longer than I wanted. I was cooked by the time it was over, I can only imagine what was going through poor Scott's head!
| Ellie running up the giant wood chip pile |
| Our "hayride". Can't say I minded that it wasn't actually covered in hay. Hay is just dirty and itchy |
| Picking our apples |
| We had a hard time luring Ellie away from the apple trees |
| Doesn't look quite as heavy as it is! |
| Uncle Scott trying to keep up with Ellie |
| Mr. D taking a rest |
| Probably the only family photo we have all year |
| The view from the top of the woodchip pile |
| I have had to listen to Mike talk for YEARS about only going apple picking if there were going to be fresh cider donuts. |
| Enjoying the much anticipated donut. Of course it wasn't quite as "fresh off the press" as he would have liked |
| Uncle Scott chilling with the fam |
| Uncle Scott brought Ellie some books for her birthday. She loved it when he read them to her! |
No comments:
Post a Comment