Sunday, December 1, 2013

Why time has no meaning to me

I told my senior partner that time has no meaning to me the other day and he nearly fell over laughing.  I guess it seemed like an over the top sort of statement, but honestly, at times days feel like weeks, weeks like days and on and on.  I'm not sure what is more alarming, the fact that it is December 1 or the fact that there is not a bone in my body that recognizes the fact that it is December 1. I feel like that Cat Stevens song right now.

It's not meant to be depressing, although I do fear at times the proverbial "wake up" when my kids are all grown and feeling like I missed it all.  Too much happens on every day.  I certainly try and take stock of moments, look in my kids faces and try and burn what they look like or are doing in my brain.  I distinctly remember thinking that on several occasions with Ellie when she was a baby.  Remember this moment Beth.  Funny, all I can remember is the act of telling myself to remember. Maybe it was all the ganja in my previous life (and by that I mean college).

Needless to say, November was a busy month.  In the best of ways that it can be (and somewhat in the worst, but that usually just means I was busy at work or a certain case killed me, in this situation the latter).  The first weekend I brought the kids up to NH for a weekend visit to see G&G before they set off for FL again.  It was a great time with the kids, visiting with my family and Ellie and Zack seeing their cousins.  We even made a pit stop at Samantha and Bob's house on the way home for Amelia's first birthday party.  Daddy certainly made the most of his free weekend as well.

Gap and his second trifecta.  We hiked Temple Mtn, the one I used to ski when I was a kid.

Uncle Nicky!


This November was a month of visiting and catching up.  We revisited the Holiday Train Show at the Botanical Gardens with the Osinskis, Crowleys and some of their friends from DC whom we had met when Ellie was just a few months old.  We had a spectacular evening hanging out with all of our kids where I subsequently feared that we inoculated them all with Coxsackie virus.
We just thought he was tired, but turns out he was brewing the virus

Family photo!

No matter what, this kid is chill

Zack started daycare this month 3 days a week. By the 3rd week, he had only been 4 out of the 9 days because he was sick.  Go figure.  First it was projectile vomiting. And I am talking Exorcist style.  Then it was Coxsackie virus, aka hand, foot and mouth.  Wow.  Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.  Probably my worst night as a parent.  It cost us an arm and a leg as we were paying extra for childcare he wasn't even using.  Alas...
He was a very unhappy camper

And he has some lungs on him.  This was at about 2:30 am


The Houses also came to town!  We had a family visit in the city at the Central Park Zoo (which continued to disappoint us) followed by an adult evening out on Sunday night.  Coinciding with that weekend was the Mamaroneck Turkey Trot which I was supposed to run with my Kappa Alpha Theta family.  However with ripping winds making it a "feels like 6 degrees" we opted for breakfast and bagels inside at our house.  It was great to see Lisa and Lauren! Not that I was a huge sorority sister or anything.  In fact I think I single handedly killed our family tree.
Blake, the youngest addition to the Theta family

Beth, Lisa and Lauren!

This last week culminated in Thanksgiving, which will warrant its own post.  We all seem to be mostly on the med with illness and expecting nothing less than a equally busy December.

No comments:

Post a Comment