Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Boroughs

We started exploring the boroughs this past weekend.

Sat night Mike and I had a date night in the Bronx on Arthur Ave.  It is basically the Little Italy of the Bronx.  The waiters have such a thick Italian accent that you almost can't understand what they are saying.  Unfortunately all of the stores were closed because the butchers and cheese shop and little shops are so unique.  I managed to go one day for lunch before maternity leave when I wasn't seeing patients or operating yet.  Man, those days were good.

Dinner was at Roberto's and was excellent.  If you ever have a chance to go I highly recommend it.  It was great to get out the two of us, even if we had a brand new sitter and Ellie threw a fit right at the beginning and was thrown in bed before we got out of the house (horrendously embarrassing).  They make this fresh pasta dish and throw all the ingredients in tin foil and grill it and the steam cooks the pasta. 

Sunday we went down to Williamsburg (Brooklyn) to visit a friend of mine from Emory, Carrie Hart (Anton).  She is one of those people you always called by her first and last name and now she got married.  And so I keep accidentally calling her husband Anton which is actually her last name.  I digress.

It was great to see her and meet her new husband and check out "Billyburg" which is also hipster central.  We walked around and then went down to the water because we were going to take a water taxi but there was this awesome flea market that we checked out and it started getting cold.  Great view of the NYC for Ellie though. It was interesting because we saw lots of strollers and kids stores and what not, but I kept thinking how much more fun and easier it would have been without the kids.  To you know, just hang out in one of the various coffee shops or eateries and chill.  But we made it work and had a great time just the same. 

Carrie and Zack

Ellie posing on the dock

Brooklyn side looking onto city

Williamsburg bridge (I think although it kind of looks like Brooklyn bridge, I didn't take pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment