But I didn't get the memo that Halloween was postponed. I was suspicious when I came home from work and didn't see a single trick-or-treater. I was told that our neighborhood was very popular and that 10 bags of candy might not be enough. Mike would only acquiesce to purchasing one more bag from the 3 that we had already bought given the possibility of bad weather. Apparently it was because there were still wires down on the ground that made it too dangerous for trick-or-treating. But again, I didn't get the email sent out by the PTA.
So we dressed Ellie up and headed out. First door we knocked on informed us that it was postponed. Try explaining that to a 3 year old in a princess costume. Not easy. Fortunately it was cold and getting dark so we only went to about 4 houses and she felt satisfied with that. And when the kids randomly came by the following Saturday afternoon, she was content with passing out the candy. At least we decorated the house and carved pumpkins (which subsequently molded and rotted at least 5 days before Halloween). Needless to say, there is a lot of candy left over (damn, Mike was right) and I am stuck eating it all. The things we have to do...
| Princess Ellie |
| Cute Zack. I was too lazy to actually purchase a costume for him. |
No comments:
Post a Comment