Monday, September 24, 2012

We need some privacy

There is just something so special to me about seeing Ellie and her cousins play together.  I distinctly remember growing up with my cousins, and each of us had a cousin that was about the same age.  Courtney, my counterpart, was 2 weeks and 2 days older than me.  She is a sports phenom (currently head coach of women's basketball at Princeton and doing an AMAZING job there) and I can remember at holidays playing basketball with her outside, she was Larry Bird and I was Magic Johnson.  Oh yeah, dating myself. 

My sisters and I are super tight, and having kids at the same time as Lisa has been amazing.  Sara jumped the gun on us a bit...um Ethan just turned 14!  And let's face it, Lisa was still in high school and I in college, so we didn't need much advice at that point.  Sara had already had her third by the time Lisa and I started procreating, so she was over all the new mommy stuff.  I must have called Lisa at least 10x a day after having Ellie since she had just been through everything 4 months earlier.  This time, I had the second baby just shy of Lisa.  We are rooting for a boy, because that would be just perfect.

Lisa and Charlotte braved the entire state of PA together to come and visit with us and help out with Zack a bit.  It was a fantastic visit, although Lisa may not have as fond memories as I do (Charlotte was giving her a run for her money at times).  Charlotte is super outgoing, very curious and well spoken for her age.  From the second she walked through the door she was very interested in Zack and wanted to hold him that instant.  Fortunately she did tire of him a bit so that Lisa could have a chance.  They stayed for 3 days and it was super fun.  We went to the Zoo, out to dinner one night and played around the house a ton. 

Charlotte and Ellie are at a great age where they can run off and self entertain pretty well now.  The rule was if they were quiet let them be.  Well, not for too long.  Charlotte is quite the climber and is tall so can get into a lot more things than Ellie can.  The best was the bathroom.  Charlotte apparently needs her privacy when she goes to the potty and Ellie right now doesn't like to go when we ask her.  It can turn into a showdown sometimes.  Well, they took to loving going to the potty together, all by themselves, and excuse them, because "we need some privacy" as they promptly shut the door in our faces.  We only had to pick the lock once.  But every time it was potty time, the phrase "we need some privacy" came out and well, it was funny.

We can't wait for the next Wilson to pop out!  Too bad it will be at the end of my maternity leave. I am not sure I will be able to repay the favor of the 3 day visit!

Literally this was about 15 secs after they walked through the door after 7 hrs in the car.

Auntie Sheesha and Zack

The girls outside painting with our new friend Aleksandra (mommy's helper and we LOVE her)

Sheesha reading the Lorax to the girls.

Another Charlotte and Zack moment.

Sheesha was super helpful in the morning.  Making my coffee, holding Zack so that I could get my breakfast, entertaining the girls to help Mike out. Zack liked her too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment