Zack was 3 weeks old yesterday. However right now, the last 10 days have felt like a month. Mostly because he hasn't been sleeping well at night, but likely also a combination of being primarily in the house all day and having visitors. Which we love, so keep coming. The days just end up stringing one into the other and you think that it was so long ago when you did something when it was really just this morning. And my maternity leave seems to be dissipating at a rapid pace even though I still have almost 6 weeks left. Its just so funny how time feels now--in and out of fast and slow speed.
Fortunately, things were hitting rock bottom for us with Zack and his high pitched screams, arching back and general discomfort preventing him from going back to sleep (I know, where could I possibly be going with this) that we decided to go to the pediatrician. I figured this was just the colic payback from when I was a baby, because even at 34 I haven't lived down the fact that I was an atrociously unhappy baby until I was about one. The pediatrician recommended some Zantac and well, we did have one session last night that prevented sleep for many hours, but otherwise he has been remarkably improved. Thank goodness for many reasons, but mostly because I wasn't sure about going down the "no dairy" route. Cheese, ice cream, cereal, yogurt, chocolate--all daily essentials in my life! The first 2 doses of Zantac are showing at least a 50% improvement, if not more, so fingers are crossed!
Here is the photo montage of the last few weeks. Charlotte and Sheesha's visit will get a separate post.
 |
| We went to visit Erika, Avi and Ethan at their new house in CT. Ellie and Ethan played well together. |
 |
| Zack was sleeping very seriously before the nosedive into GERD/colic |
 |
| Thanks for the blanket Ms. Heidi and Mr. Eddie! |
 |
| Ellie sporting the new outfit she got from Grammie. These days, the tiara is on 24/7 |
 |
| Zack getting his first tub bath |
 |
| Ellie D helped out. Although she kept pouring water on his face since it was the closest thing to her. |
 |
| Thank God that is over! |
 |
| Mimi and Popo came down to go to a Yankees game with Ellie D and Mike. |
 |
| Not sure that Ellie paid much attention to the game, but it was a big girl thing that she got to do that Zack couldn't. |
 |
| The Yanks fans. I gave up a while ago on the baseball affiliation. I just don't like baseball enough to care. But Ellie D will be a Patriots fan! |
No comments:
Post a Comment