Thursday, August 23, 2012

More gorgeousness in NH

Last weekend did not disappoint in the least.  I had been looking forward to my cousin's wedding/family reunion weekend for a long time and was glad that we were able to make the trip.  Mildred hung in there although we'll be happy for his/her arrival any day now....(hint hint Mildred).

There is nothing that I love better than a family wedding in NH.  It is just so classic to me, because that is what I grew up on.  Fortunately my aunt and uncle (not even the parents of the bride) have some amazing property that was just meant for a backyard tent wedding, and Courtney's was the 3rd to take place there.  And my family knows how to have fun and we love to get together and have a good time.  Three are 3 cousins left, all of whom live on that property, so I bet there are more to come.  Not for a while though.  Celia is the oldest and she is just heading off to college. 

Friday night we made it in time for dinner at Dad's house with Lisa and her family and Sara and her family.  The kids all ran around and had a blast while the adults kept it calm (Lisa and I can't drink). Although we did head down to Wedding Central where there was a party going on with a lot of people who could drink so that we could say hi to our cousins. Saturday we were at Mom's house for a bit with Grebett and Maria and her kids as well, so there were even more little girls there (she has 3).  Since kids weren't invited to the wedding, they were all left at my mom's house while the adults took off.  It was a great plan if you ask me!  Ellie spent the night with 6 of her girl cousins and Grammie and Papou. 

Wedding was fantastic, as already stated and I even hit the dance floor for a bit.  Can't say that my moves were up to par with the center of balance off so badly, but I do love to dance with my husband and they were pretty good at playing slow songs.  I feel like a lot of weddings you go to now hardly play them (well, every wedding plays "At last" at least once). 

Got to sleep in for real on Sunday since we didn't have the Ellie alarm clock with us.  More family visiting and some lake boat riding for Ellie D before we hit the road to head back home.  I feel so grateful to have such a close and exciting extended family!

All the girls having a picnic lunch at Grammie and Papou's.  Front row left to right Riley Shea, Cassam Abitz, Abigail Shea Back row left to right Delilah Abitz, Delaney Shea, Charlotte Wilson, Ellie D.

The little girls

Tim Shea.  We hardly get to spend time with him!

Ellie D in deep thought

Delaney.  We still aren't sure how she is so blonde!

Very serious Delilah

The view from the Cathedral of the Pines.  That is Mt. Monadnock in the background, otherwise known as "the mountain".

Gangs all here!  Ethan was Sara's date for the evening.

So cute.  Grampy is almost 93 and Grammy just turned 90.

The first bride, DJ

The second bride, Courtney and Uncle Jimmie

Horsing around before they are announced.  Yes, this is just my aunt's backyard!

Sara and Maria

Snuck a dance in with my dad as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment