Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nashville, TN

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be
Baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee 

We have officially left Nashville, TN.  It is really hard to believe that the two years is over.  The last few months seemed to be in fast forward as well.  There are definitely some things I will and won't miss about TN.  Overall, I really did like Nashville as a city, even if the whole experience was maybe not always perfect.  And I am strangely having a hard time adjusting back to EST

Things I will miss about Nashville:
The friends we made--The Reynolds, The Hartleys, The Bentons, The Penns
The farmers market and buying milk in glass bottles that we could return every week
The convenience of the city.  We lived within 2-5 miles of everything we needed
The OR staff at VCH
The weather (except summer)
Being able to only have one car
All the outdoor parks and areas such as Radnor Lake
Having a running partner who was willing to meet me at 5 am


Things I will not miss about Nashville:
Um, it was 109 degrees out yesterday!  I hated having to sit inside in the summer because it was so hot!
The lack of efficiency to any organized event
The obesity
The smoking


No comments:

Post a Comment