Friday, July 20, 2012

Inertia...or lack there of

My body is just not used to running on less than 6 cylinders at high speed with the turbo kicked in.  Of course, every now and then you need to take it out of gear when you live life like that, but it takes me a long time to adjust.  After being here for two weeks (and it seems like 2 months) I feel absolutely lethargic.  Paralyzed by it almost.  And it isn't that there aren't a bunch of things for us to do.  So many that you end up circling around and around and around until you feel like you have done a lot of work but yet nothing really came off the "to do" list.  Work hasn't even remotely ramped up yet either, so that doesn't really help my cause.  And I won't mention the hemorrhaging of money that is associated with all of the above.  I can't wait for that to stop!

It's not all bad though.  I do so enjoy having my mornings back, as opposed to getting up 10 min too late and racing the clock to get out the door by 5:45 am.  Now it takes me 2 hrs to get myself together (funny I am still racing to catch the train or get to work on time).  In fact, I even went out for a run at 7:10 the other morning as opposed to 5 am sharp.  Can't and won't complain about that!  It is just so strange to have time and feel like you aren't accomplishing anything, even when time isn't going by that quickly and of course, things are actually getting done. 

Hopefully we are on our way to pick up our new car today too!  2011 Chevy Equinox with less than 10K miles on it--practically brand new!  Very exciting.  And glad to not have to spend one more second in a car dealership.

No comments:

Post a Comment