Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Summer vacation

In standard Nashville fashion, it went from the 50's to the 80's overnight.  This past weekend was so warm that it felt like we were on summer vacation.  Except we were missing a beach and ocean or at least some fruity beverages.  The last two weekends and week in between have been fun and busy with outdoor activities and Mike's birthday.  And seemingly overnight the whole place has been dusted in pollen.  I mean, the cars on the streets look like they have been parked there for 10 years and there was a film on my computer from the windows being open. 

I swear it was windy in the morning when I was out for a run, but by the time we went to the toy store to buy the kite and got to the park, the wind had pretty much died.

As a back up I had bought some bubbles at the toy store.  They worked out only so-so.

After about 3 bubbles they pretty much stopped working

As you can see, we did actually get the kite up once in a slight gust of wind.

Ellie helped Mike open up his birthday presents.  He didn't stand a chance.

Of course this package from Mimi including something for Ellie....

They even had her name on them in case Mike thought that they might be for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment