If this is a preview of what is to come, we are in trouble. Of course, this is what she gets from me.
We duked it out tonight over putting away her bathtub letters. After letting her air dry in the tub and listening to her scream and cry about 6 inches from my face for probably over 20 min, it seems like such a silly battle. Especially when I am fighting not having my feelings hurt that she doesn't like to come to me in the morning ("no, Daddy!). But I know she can do it and I am not about to let her start getting away with everything because of a fit. Clearly we are in for trouble though, because she did not budge at all. I am happy to report I remained calm throughout it all, did not get upset and she really didn't even try to get out of the tub too many times but more stood there and screamed "Mommy!" at me, which in some ways makes me think that she was understanding the situation. Sadly I eventually caved and put her right to bed, no song or book. I feel horrible because while she may prefer Mike in the morning, night time is my time, and I hate to give it up over a battle of putting away toys. In the long run...right?!?! These are the times I wish she would cuddle in bed with me, because I would definitely pull her in and let her know how much I love her and that I have to discipline her.
No comments:
Post a Comment