Friday, June 17, 2011

Life and travels of Mommy and Ellie D

Ellie and I ventured up north last week for some family visiting and job interviews.  That is right, after 11 years (well, when I finish it will be 11) I am finally ready to get my first job. 

Warning: this turned into a play by play, but we did so much that it is hard to just sum it up.
I would love to say that Ellie is a fantastic traveler, and maybe it is my fault for the afternoon flights, but she was less than stellar on the planes and in the airport.  I am fairly certain that there were some people who were convinced I was kidnapping her the way she fought me for the take offs.  But we eventually made it to Albany on Friday night to be greeted by Popo (yet another new nickname I have for him) and Antie Lisa (misspelled deliberately).  From then on I basically deserted her to Pam who gladly accepted.  Saturday I took the train down to visit Erika and her family.  Loved the train.  It was super easy, ran right down the Hudson, not that I pulled my nose out of my girly book.  2 hrs there and back of strictly personal time was absolutely priceless.  Er and I had a great, very brief visit.  Ethan is obviously adorable and we even got to go out for a mommies dinner out.  Sunday night we had a family dinner at Pam's house, which consisted of about 3 different dinners in one.  And the usual family bickering. 

Monday was my interview at Albany Med.  For professional reasons I won't say anything about it.  But it was the longest interview ever.  In an absolutely good way. 

Tuesday Ellie got her first small plane ride with Grandpa Jack.  He came and picked us up and took us to Jaffrey.  Ellie passed out for half of it and basically had a confused look on her face for the other half. 

Wednesday was my interview at UMASS Worcester.  Loved what an easy drive from NH it was.  Mom and Jim were the babysitting champs in NH.  We visited with Aunt Nancy, Uncle David and the red heads for dinner.  Aunt Nancy out did herself as always.

Thursday we had spent the majority of the day with Grammy and Grampy at the pool, with visits from Aunt Annie and Uncle Jimmie, Dad and Tonya, Sara and the kids, and Aunt Nancy and the girls.  I know how many times G&G have threatened to cement in the pool, but a day like that only reminds them why they never did.  Dinner at Mom's house to follow.

Friday was my interview at MGH followed by a brief encounter with my husband.  It was also the BMC graduation so I breezed by there for the cocktail hour to say congrats to Samantha and hello to all my old peeps.  Mike and I had dinner with Rob and his new gf Michele, and Allen and Beth Lee at Island Creek Oyster House.  It was good, but not nearly as outstanding as a lot of the reviews gave it.  From there we visited the old residents out for a drink and then back to our hotel room for waaaay to little sleep.

After brunch on Sat, I headed back to NH where it was rainy and cold.  The kids were all at Mom and Jim's, so in an attempt to relieve them for a few hours, Dad, Nick, Sara and I and all the kids went bowling.   Then back to Mom's house for dinner with Grebes and Dick.

Sunday was a "get all my stuff together" day before we left for the airport.  The trip was amazing, albeit waaaaay too busy and jam packed, especially since Ellie didn't sleep very late and went to bed way too late every day.  Oh, and I had 3 job interviews.  I needed a vacation after that!

Ellie has finally worked out the spoon...sort of

Erika, Ethan and Charlie (the dog).  I forgot how easy it is when they don't move!

Proud new mommy!

He was so lovable

Ashton and Peyton Hanson.  The new twins of Anna and Todd Hanson (I forgot to mention my very brief visit to them)

Popo in his morning outfit.

Ellie D and Gap hanging out at Aunt Nancy's

All just chillin' at the pool

Who doesn't love glow bowling on a Saturday afternoon?

Gap and Ellie

Nose.

Ellie didn't bowl but did enjoy taking on and off both her and Delilah's shoes.

I think they were skyping someone at this point.

Cassam was a big help with the girls.  Even if she was playing with play doh (which I HATE)

No comments:

Post a Comment