Of course my perfectly planned exit out of NY on a Friday afternoon got rearranged with bad traffic. Probably because I left early in an attempt to miss traffic. I was anything but happy.
It was obviously a packed full weekend of lots of visiting with cousins and grandparents and sisters and parents and aunts and uncles alike. Cassam's birthday party at the Y was a treat as well for everyone. The time always goes by so quickly and I never quite get to spend as much time with everyone as I like.
On a very side note, Friday night happened to be the Diane Sawyer interview with Bruce, now Caitlyn, Jenner. I initially was not at all interested in it, but Dad and Marcea were watching it and I actually got sucked in but was really glad I did. The following night, a conversation ensued between my Uncle Jimmie and myself, with my almost 96 yo grandfather on the couch. He was paying attention and I was discussing sort of the whys' and hows' of Bruce Jenner's situation. As a pediatric urologist, and someone who is particularly interested in disorders of sexual development (which for the record Jenner does not actually have) I have a lot of background and interest in this sort of a thing. I thought Jenner did an excellent job and really commend him for his courage to do this. However, my grandfather, was very perplexed by the situation, having watched the interview himself, and kept asking me "is this what it's going to be like now Beth?". It was beyond hilarious, and in no way am I making fun of my grandfather. When I think about all the things this man has lived through, and he is of the greatest generation ever being a WWII vet, I can just imagine at his age thinking that this is it. He has officially seen it all. And in his elderly state, he couldn't get past that question.
| Being solo for the weekend I didn't get much in the way of photos. This is one of Zack and Addie having their ice cream at Cass's party. |
![]() |
| Trying to capture the last enormous hill of my run. Trust me, the pic doesn't do it justice. Although I do love running in NH. |
![]() |
| I took a picture of this picture of my dad from my grandparents house. I still stand by the fact that I think Zack looks like him, and its not just in the ears. |


No comments:
Post a Comment