Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Trifecta hits Vegas

After years of talking about a sister getaway, we finally did it.  All thanks to Sara as well, since she actually had an all expense paid trip for two for a "business" meeting.  I put that in quotations because her business meeting compared to my medical conferences (the equivalent of a business meeting) was vastly different. I prefer hers to mine.  I don't get free rooms at the Bellagio.

Sara put out a feeler about either Lisa or I going, and somehow in 24 hrs, I bought a side plane ticket and Lisa and I had the go ahead from both of our husbands.  It was signed, sealed and delivered just like that.  It honestly happened so fast we couldn't believe it, and it was just what we needed to get this weekend trip thing going.  

Sara and Lisa flew in on Thursday while I landed on Friday morning.  I missed out on Mitt Romney speaking at the welcome dinner.  Amazing.  And I am not even a republican.  Friday morning Sara had to go and shop at the buying show.  Since they were offering bloody mary's and mimosas, Lisa and I felt compelled to go down and visit.  We perused the strip in the afternoon and had a lovely dinner after they got to go see Cirque du Soleil's O show (only 2 tickets and Lisa was clearly the date).  A little gambling and we called it relatively early that night.   

Saturday we enjoyed some lounging and late breakfast followed by very fancy pedicures.  We pulled ourselves together for lunch at 2:30 outside, in the SUN with a pitcher of margaritas.  The night was officially starting!  We got ready for the farewell dinner, which included open bar, a comedian who was really funny and nothing less than a private Bon Jovi concert!  He was playing with a different band so there were some covers, but it was still amazing.  I actually physically touched him (on the leg).  The night was young but we were several drinks in.  We fancied ourselves some table service at a bar and had a blast.  The rest will remain in Vegas.

Sara was less than impressed with their early departure after a very short nap (I told her we should have just pushed on through to the day) and I somehow felt reasonably human on my flight home.  It was a FANTASTIC time and we are already planning for next year.

The lady of the hour, looking amazing

As they got ready to leave me in the hotel room to go watch O.

Yes, somehow most of the pitcher ended up in her cup....

Livin' on a prayer!


Primed and ready to hit the town!

More primed....

No comments:

Post a Comment