Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Gardening experiment

I am happy to say that we are currently eating our own home grown tomatoes.  It was a bit of a tumultuous experiment as we started out with exponential growth followed by lots of tomatoes that we subsequently had to throw away due to blossom end rot.  The herbs always did well and our eggplants well, started out well and then just sort of stopped growing and then turned electric green.  We have harvested a bunch of tomatoes recently so that we brought the actual cost of each tomato down to about $4 a piece.  But if the store bought tomatoes tasted this good, I just might pay for them.
The first tomato
July when things were going great

Just the beginning

When things were getting going

Add caption
A good herb crop


Not looking so good....I will say things deteriorated dramatically after we came back from vacation and it was possible they weren't watered as instructed for several days.  But they never really recovered and basically all that is left is the tomatoes

But you can see the tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment