Mike and I started a pipe dream after spending the better part of a weekend in the city. We do try and go down as much as possible, and it has seemed like every time we go down that there are lots of people with kids. So we started thinking about possibly moving down to the city....
I ran a race in Central Park with Yana on Sat morning and the fam came down too to cheer me on. The Drzewieckis sometimes need events to get us up and out on the weekends...It was a gorgeous running day and a great race. I had been wanting to go down to the Green Market at 14th St so we hopped on the Metro and went down to Union Sq. I love that there is a huge Farmer's Market in the city. Even better, was that there was a really neat playground in Union Sq at a place that used to be called Luna Park. It was a bar that I frequented a lot after work during med school. Ironically it was probably full with all the people that used to go to the bar but now take their kids there. A little picnic in the park, Metro back up to the car, and what a city family we are.
Sunday was yet another gorgeous day, and so I thought we should try the East River Ferry and head over to Brooklyn. It was fun and a good family event, however since Saturday had been such a busy day, it may have been too much in one weekend. But it did make us start looking on Zillow for apartments in the city.
 |
| Ice cream at bottom of Brooklyn Bridge |
 |
| Looking out the window of the ferry |
 |
| Mr. D with his favorite face on. He couldn't eat the ice cream fast enough! |
No comments:
Post a Comment